The Basic Knowledge In Garden Irrig...
The Basic Knowledge In Garden Irrigation.
Seedlings vital conservation work in landscaping projects, maintenance and management of the relationship between the success or failure of the entire landscape design project. This paper focuses on the basics of landscaping projects in irrigation conservation green seedlings were analyzed to explain.
Seedlings absorb moisture from the soil mainly from rainwater, groundwater and irrigation water. In the arid northern region mainly rely on supplementary irrigation moisture in the soil. But if too much rain or poor drainage will also affect breathing seedlings, serious cause rot or even death.
First, the irrigation amount and frequency
1. Different ways of irrigation cultivation
(1) after sowing seedlings sown topsoil drying should be avoided, especially in the northern areas, some small seed after sowing casing shallow, vulnerable to drought of harm. Irrigated by reasonable to keep the bed moist surface to prevent seedlings water loss, the surface temperature can be adjusted to prevent sunburn. General requirements for irrigation more times, each time less irrigation.
(2) cutting, layering, burying those rooting seedlings, sprouting requires a larger amount of water, especially at the beginning and not yet fully take root and leaf (ie false current) stage, a large amount of leaf transpiration, soil moisture supply less the amount, if no water will cause plant death, timely irrigation is the key. In the north, the climate is dry season should pay attention. Bigger irrigation may be appropriate, but the water should be fine, slow, so the flow momentum moving seedlings (especially cutting seedlings).
(3) pups, transplant seedlings when planting these seedlings due to injured roots, seedlings internal water supply imbalance, we must strengthen water supply. After Ramets and transplantation should be three or four times in a row irrigation, irrigation to be bigger, the time interval can not be too long.
(4) grafted grafted demand for water is not too large, as long as the stock can guarantee the normal activities of life can be. Water can not be too much, especially the interface portion not water, otherwise it would wound rot. Dry weather must also pay attention to irrigation.
(5) Unless the seedlings need irrigation during the dry season only. If too much water, but also to reduce the resistance of seedlings, affecting growth and development.
2. irrigation under different climatic conditions
Irrigation must be flexible according to changing climatic conditions. Generally, spring to early summer, the seedlings in a strong growth period, the South rain, three or four times as long as irrigation can? Northern drought period, to fill seven or eight times. Seedling, cutting seedlings will need to irrigate more often.
In early summer, the South is the rainy season, pay attention to drainage. North every summer rainy season often, from time to irrigation. South is different, if the high temperature and drought, irrigation frequency must be increased. Autumn, though rainfall in North and South different, but in order to make a full and woody seedlings organization, preparing winter, generally no irrigation. In winter, the South no irrigation, the North will have to fill time before the land ice cold water, in order to facilitate seedling winter.
3. Irrigation different soil conditions
Heavy clay soil water power, irrigation should be reduced; sand soil water retention capacity is poor, irrigation should be increased.
4. Different species of irrigation
Different species of water requirements vary, seedling difference is not too big, they are generally required to have enough water. With the growth of seedling age, the difference more obvious. For some drought-tolerant species, such as ailanthus, locust, cloves should be noted that for a long time to drain the water immediately. For general species will have to keep moist state, combined with groundwater levels and rainfall, to determine the appropriate amount of irrigation.
Second, irrigation methods
1. Surface irrigation
High ridge style bed and work area, by the water into the irrigation canals or ditches in the trail, water infiltration from the side of the bed or ridge. The advantage is that the soil after irrigation still has good ventilation, can reduce the number of loose soil, but also more labor, but the water is too big, wide seedbed will produce uneven watering.
Ota-style low bed or nursery areas, may be introduced directly into the irrigation canal water bed or Qimian low, water covered the bed or Qimian gradually soil depth, and that this is irrigation. This method is more convenient when the irrigation, but should pay attention to the water slowly, to avoid wrecking or submerged seedlings. Easily compacted soil after irrigation, poor ventilation, to increase the number of cultivators? Compare a lot of work.
2. sprinkler and drip irrigation
Irrigation is generally applicable to large seedlings irrigation, drip irrigation is suitable for seedbed, are more advanced irrigation methods.
After a lot of rain or ground water for irrigation should be immediately removed, nursery should have water, otherwise it will reduce the rate of decomposition of soil organic matter, disruption of normal breathing Seedlings often cause root rot and even death.